Friday, November 9, 2018

Fat Shaming

Got to get this off my chest...


A few months ago I went to a Plus Size store that I would shop at every now and then. I found something and asked the gal who worked there if I could try it on. I had lost maybe 20 lbs so far and was in their smallest size a plus size 14. She basically looked me up and down, rolled her eyes and let me in the dressing room. I chalked it up to her just having a bad day, even though she clearly looked me up and down and I figured she assumed I shouldn't be there. Just the vibe I got. I went back maybe about a month later. I can still buy items from the store at this time. Maybe not everything they sell but definitely their bras, shoes and jewelry. I found something to try on and a whole different girl did it again! Same reaction. I put the item down and left. Decided I wasn't going back to that store. Fast forward to today. I didn't have anything to do on my lunch hour so I went to a clothing store that sells clothes size 10 and up to 6X. I didn't buy anything but as I was browsing there was a lady there who was talking to the workers (quite loudly)about how a friend of hers had lost all this weight. She told said friend that was her store now and she didn't belong there. The lady's behind the counter told her well we do have size 10-12 so maybe those still fit her. The rather rude woman said pretty loud, "she's barely a 10-12 and doesn't belong here anymore!"

When did this become ok to do? I bet her friend who worked hard to lose the weight wouldn't appreciate what this woman was saying. We should be happy for our friends that reach goals they've set. If you're jealous keep it to yourself. If you want to be a jealous crabby b*tch, do so on your own time! I feel bad for this friend of hers, and if I had been more on it, I would've asked this rude woman if her friend was there in the store, so I could tell her congrats on her weight loss!

I know that it is not anyone's issue but that woman's, but we need to stop being jealous rude crabby b*tches. Support each other's journey. Doesn't matter if you are skinny, fat, rich, poor etc... tell someone they look nice. Or that you like their necklace.

Jumping off the soapbox... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment