Thursday, November 1, 2018

I’m back!


It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. Not because I didn’t want to but because of time. After my last post my mother’s cancer progressed rapidly. We moved her in and took care of her until she passed June 2017. After her passing we had her funeral and at that point I just needed time to heal. I decided to travel more. Dan and I drove up north to visit the redwoods in October of 2017. Spent a few days in an Aptos beach house with family at the beginning of March 2018. Then in April I ended up in Disneyland for a few days. Iowa for Dan’s family reunion in August. My Aunt and Cousin drove me around Massachusetts and Rhode Island in October and coming up this November is Disneyland again! 2018 was certainly a year of healing for me.

So back to this blog...

I’ve decided to write about our keto journey. We made some big changes to get Dan healthy. His blood sugar was getting out of control and he was faced with yet another foot issue. I’ll explain his foot issues in another post sometime for you.

We started the Keto diet March 11th, 2018 and haven’t looked back. It has truly worked for us. Dan has so far lost about 70 lbs and I am at about 40 lbs. I’m sure you will hear me say this a lot through our journey but the weight loss is truly just a great side effect of this way of eating. Best part so far has been Dan’s health. His blood sugar has been NORMAL since about day 3 of the diet. It’s gone up a couple of times but he was still fighting infections in his system. We both have more energy and we feel and look younger (IMO).

I’m going to start posting recipes we’ve tried and liked . Maybe even ones we didn’t like. It’s been an awesome journey so far and can’t wait for what more weight loss will bring us. I started this blog because I love to cook and eat! I also wanted a place to write and create. I’m hoping our newest journey will bring that to me here.

I’ll still post witchy tips as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment